Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Flower Factory

Flower Factory, Stoughton, WI - Great time to go when so many things are blooming!
I've had the Flower Factory on my list of places to check out for about ten years--the name of this place doesn't do it justice, however. It should be named Flower Power or something a little more catchy to describe the great allure.

This garden center hits my top two places I've been to for number and variety of plants, specifically perennials. Its web-site even has a list of everything they sell, so you can check ahead of time if there is something special you're looking for. But the fun is to just go, soak up the beauty and smells, and browse until you find something you can't live without!

While browsing, get some ideas for theme gardens: train, rock, pond, and shade. I bought a few things, but might get back there again and pick up more. Prices are in line with other similar centers, but what you are buying is quality. Tip: If you are coming from the Chicago area, don't use the "through Janesville directions." Take the highway. It's located just outside Madison. 

I love "green" roofs! Taken at Flower Factory July 2, 2011

No comments: