Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bucktown Annual Tree and Garden Walk Part II

As I said in previous post, the garden walk could be improved on. Here are some issues I had: 

  • Overheard after we got off the trolly at a stop: "Don't lose that map! (means addresses in Guidebook) or we're in big trouble!"
  • One gardener sat in a chair in her back yard and told people, sorry her gate was stuck, so couldn't come in and look.
  • Gardeners had people walk through skinny gangways, sometimes in a series of confusing mazes, then circle through alleys to enter from rear.
  • Some we gave up on completely because it was too difficult to find. 
  • Had to keep checking descriptions to see where garden actually was (parkway, front yard, rear of Pub and Beer Garden)
Advice:  I am not sure parkway areas are necessary to list. While every home in Bucktown may have a garden, we only want to see the most unique out of the bunch. There were some gems. And sometimes less is more! But that's only my opinion...

Whimsy found In Bucktown garden 

No comments: