| This is a wild/cottage garden combo. It includes Queen Ann Lace and some other weeds you might recognize! |
Monday, March 14, 2011
Scattering the Seeds
I have sowed seeds in the garden many different times—sometimes as soon as the snow has melted all the way through to early summer. Although the package directions on some advise not planting until after danger of frost has past, it’s fun to forgo the rules by experimenting and starting a few of the similar seeds at different times, but don't waste too many--especially nasturtium.
I add the seeds between perennials or plant them in a place where I have bare soil. I've never spent much time preparing the ground—maybe rake a little, but most times I just throw them up in the air where I want them—sort as if you are throwing grandma’s ashes up, out, and about.
Labels:
How To,
Seeds,
Wanda's Garden Journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment