Thursday, March 24, 2011

Purchasing Pansies

The PURE Gardener
I decided to go looking for pansies yesterday and I drove past 502 West State Street in Geneva, IL. A new business has moved into the space named The PURE Gardener. The last time I stopped here was to get a burned-out head light repaired. Of course, at that time, more than a few years ago, it was called Kuchera's Union 76 and it didn't sell flowers, it sold car parts and service. Joe Kuchera was the owner and while not a talkative sort, he knew how to fix cars far too reasonably: Cost of bulb replacement with labor-$3.00. I offered him a few dollars extra for doing it so promptly and he acted insulted. 

I doubt that Joe would have ever imagined that his old gas station and car repair business would be replaced with the sale of plants, gifts and antiques, but here it is! Thanks Joe for fixing our car since 1987!  I'll plant the pansies and think of you!

No comments: