Friday, April 12, 2013

Chicago Botanic Garden's Antiques & Garden Fair 2013

Here's a quick review ( the first) and some photos of the Chicago Botanic Garden's Antiques & Garden Fair held this past weekend. No tulips outside (not blooming yet) but plenty inside though my eyes are still adjusting to the indoor color combinations the fair organizers put together in one exhibit.




A lot of vendors placed animal statues on chairs, tables, beds, and benches.  They tucked them in corners and under tables. I probably missed quite a few, but I guess they might be the most purchased items for adding whimsy to a garden.

Guess who's coming to dinner?

Fishes, owls,  roosters and a duck. There were lots of ducks!

Special grass coverlet for our feathered friends--make believe or real.


I am just not sure about this one.

Nicely done...

I don't know about the horse thing. Where to hang it?

Now this is how tulips should look.  Inside anyway.

Cats instead of candles flanking the flower arrangement. 


Tulip light.

One lonely chair.

These shows are always a great way to get garden design ideas.  If you have some time, you can even try making some of items yourself.  More on that next time.

No comments: