| Bindweed peeking through the soil getting ready to destroy nearby plants by climbing the stems and strangling the plant. |
Last year I started a little late in an attempt to destroy this weed. This year I think I got a great start. I located the weeds before the other plants grew up and hid their location. I shot the bindweed with Round-up and covered them with a clay pot or clay pot cover so I could keep track of where they were. This way it was easy to go back (didn't have to get down on my hand and knees trying to find again) and check to see if they were still there a few weeks later. If they were, I'd shoot them again. Already I've had to give some a second hit. I am very determined to rid this perennial enemy from my garden! W
| Clay pot saucer covering up bindweed. |
No comments:
Post a Comment