Thursday, February 10, 2011

Favorite Garden Hangouts

Love to hang out at...

Blumen Gardens at 403 Edward, Sycamore, IL. I dream of having this place in my backyard! Cool garden embellishments beside their huge supply of hard-to-find perennials. Add to that a Tea Room and space to rent for special occasions or whatever your needs. When the season arrives, this is a Not-to-Miss pleasure palace--popping eye-candy fun! And while you are in Sycamore after a day of buying fantastic plants, stop at...

Villa Verone at 219 W State Street, Sycamore. Try some bow tie pasta with fresh salmon and asparagus in a light tomato cream sauce as well as other tasty Italian dishes. The owner Pietro also has a restaurant in Geneva, IL.  Here's what he says about his story in his words: "...I come to US a long time ago. When I come here, I told my mamma why we no do a restaurant and she say, "Wat you crazy. You no how much work it take. Get a job..." This guy is the real thing--as authentic, warm and charitable as they come! Food is 10 star yummy. p.s. Even if you don't come for the plants, come for the food if your meandering westward.

More favorites to come later. Can you tell I am getting anxious for summer?












No comments: