I know I wrote about this before. It's about a weed labeled "Bindweed".
I wrote about it in 2012. Now after looking back at that post, I can't believe I am still four years later still battling it! Anyone can find info on eradicating it by a simple google search: "Kill bindweed NOW" However, I don't know how I missed this remedy before. After using way way too much Round Up I decided to go organic, and you can't get more organic than boiling a pot of water on the stove; then carefully pouring it on top of the little devil. If you miss and you have a really nice plant nearby, you can kiss that one goodbye because it kills anything. Boiling water is used mostly for killing weeds between cracks in stones, etc. It usually works with common weeds. They wither up and die nicely rather than trying to pull them up by hand and if you don't get all the roots, they'll be back so we can keep pulling them up, like forever. So here I go again out to the yard with my boiling kettle of water.
 |
| See the brown leaf. Did it really kill it? Check back. |
 |
| Alive and healthy: strangling other plants! |
No comments:
Post a Comment